Parks Commission August 28, 2014 at 4:00 pm
1. Call to Order – Roll Call – Approve June 19, 2014 Minutes
2. Citizen Input / Public Comment – This is an opportunity for members of the audience to bring to the Parks Commission’s attention, any items not otherwise listed on the agenda. Comments will be limited to 3 minutes per person with a maximum time of 15 minutes for all items.
3. New Business
- A citizen would like to build and donate exercise equipment to be placed in John Topits Park. See attachment for pictures and Building Codes Section – OSSC 101.2.1 and Ch 2 (definitions)
- Public Comments from Friends of Mingus Park (FROMP) at the August 5th Council Meeting re: protection of waterfowl and feeding station in Mingus Park.
- Boardwalk / City Docks:
- Issue: Moorage folks at the City Docks complaints about the sports fishermen casting into their boats, which damages the surface of their boat to include damage to sail. Recommend extending a fence down further south to keep them from casting in to boats.
4. Commissioner’s Closing Comments
5. Adjournment – Meeting will adjourn at 5:00 p.m.