Parks Commission April 30, 2015 at 4:00 pm
1. Call to Order - Roll Call - Approval of the Minutes: October 16 and February 19, 2015
2. Citizen Input I Public Comment –
3. New Business-
• Don Hynes met with Randy and has given a donation of $600 to the City for the purchase of one piece of fitness equipment to be placed in the John Topits Park.
• Fitness Equipment Estimates- Cost estimate of the six units that Mr. Hynes selected and a proposal that was recommended by the manufacturer, Greenfields Outdoor Fitness.
• Memorandum of Record has been written to the City Manager regarding the Commission's position concerning the geese at Mingus Park with a recommendation for removal.
- Request by Jill Hayner-Thompson for memorial game table(s) and benches at Empire Lakes in memory of her husband, James “Tim” Thompson who grew up in Empire playing around the lake.
- Memorial Bench in memory of past members and dogs of Furry Friends Therapy Dogs, Inc. They would like to have a bench placed at the Coos Historical & Maritime Museum. Along with the bench, the Furry Friends would like to make a donation to the City for a Dogs-Pot Waste Station to be placed near the bench. The pet waste station could be the same as the ones in Mingus Park.
4. Old Business-
• Continued Project Grant Updates and a Parks Grant Update
5. Commissioner's Closing Comments
Coos Bay City Hall is accessible to the disabled. If special accommodations are needed, please contact the City Manager’s Office at 541-269-8912 at least 48 hours in advance of the meeting so that appropriate assistance may be arranged.