Parks Commission January 12, 2017 at 4:00 pm
This meeting will be held in the City Hall Conference Room
1. Call to Order – Roll Call – Approval of October and November Minutes. Introduction of newly appointed member, Shaun Gibbs from SCDC.
2. Citizen Input / Public Comment –
3. New Business –
· Recycle Bins for the following locations: Mingus Pool, Mingus Sports Park, and the Visitors Information Center.
· Change of meeting time for the month of January only. Time of meeting would be 4pm
· The entire Parks Commission to attend a City Council meeting. No agenda item but to be noticed by council.
· The City has finally purchased the last home on Old Wireless Lane. This may open an opportunity to develop a recreational space and establish a trails system.
4. Old Business –
· The exercise equipment for John Topits Park was ordered and delivered on Friday, December 16th. It is currently being stored at the City Shops. Prep work for the placement will be sometime late February or March, weather permitting.
· Don Hynes would like the consideration of the Commission to have the equipment staged throughout the trail system of the park.
1) The manufacturer ‘s recommendation is to stage in one location
2) If the City spread the placement of equipment out in multiple locations, the initial cost and cost to maintain would increase considerably.
3) During construction, it would require five different setups for curb and gutters.
5. Commissioner’s Closing Comments