Parks Commission July 20, 2017 at 4:00 pm
The meeting will be held at the John Topits Park – Access off Hull – At the Site for Fitness Equipment
1. Call to Order – Roll Call – Approve Minutes of May 18th and June 20th
2. Citizen Input / Public Comment –
3. New Business –
· Guest: Kady Wolfgard Cooley – MHS student and she has completed her 4H projects. Kady has made several birdhouses and would like to share them by having them placed in Mingus Park.
· By City of Coos Bay direction, please take before the Parks Commission at their next meeting the parcel (triangle below) noted for consideration for surplusing to sell. The realtor of record has advised the property should be listed at $35,000; there is an interested party in this parcel.
· ODFW Request to place (20-50) spider boxes in Empire Lakes as a fish habitat. Work would be conducted by ODFW staff and Volunteers under ODFW’s supervision. Link for more information and pictures. http://www.oregonlive.com/forest-grove/index.ssf/2015/09/low_water_at_hagg_lake_ eveals.html
4. Old Business –
· Confederated Tribe’s Request to Plant Wapato in John Topits Park has gone to Council Work session. An agreement to be drawn up was discussed between the City and Tribe stipulating that it will be the Tribe’s responsibility to control the spread of the plant in Empire Lakes.
5. Commissioner’s Closing Comments
· The Commission needs to take the time to refresh themselves with the Parks Master Plan.