Parks Commission May 16, 2019 at 4:00 pm
The meeting will be held at John Topits at Hull Street Entrance (weather permitted) if not City Hall Conference Room
1. Call to Order – Roll Call – Approve Minutes of April 18th
2. Citizen Input / Public Comment –
3. New Business
- Once again, attached is the classification, and criteria for a Neighborhood Park, which reference; NRPA Open Space, Greenway Guidelines, and Crime Prevention through Environmental Design (CPTED). These guide lines are the bases of our current Parks Master Plan and are active throughout the United States.
- MHS Key Club – Council has directed Parks to take another look at the donation of property to provide additional parking.
- Cricket Soules, Marshfield Pioneer Cemetery, honored by the Coos Bay Schools Community Foundation.
4. Old Business
- Ballfields at Empire Lakes next to the National Guard. Access is Norman Ave.
“FYI – At last week’s Park Commission meeting I informed the Commission of the possible location the city had for Ballfields (Empire Lakes) Southwest corner. The commission appreciate’ s council due diligence in recognizing “Sports Fields” are needed in our community per the Parks Master Plan. However, not at Empire Lakes, under the Parks Master Plan it is designated Natural Park, not Sports Park. Thus, they would like the opportunity to further look at other possible sites for a Sports Park, if given the opportunity.”
5. Commissioner’s Closing Comments