Tree Board Meeting July 09, 2015 at 4:00 pm
Coos Bay City Hall is accessible to the disabled. If special accommodations are needed, please contact the City Manager’s Office at 541-269-8912 at least 48 hours in advance of the meeting so that appropriate assistance may be arranged.
Call to Order – Roll Call – Approval of the April 23, 2015 Minutes
Citizen Input / Public Comment – **Public comments limited to 10 minutes.
OLD BUSINESS –
- Update: 1562 Lakeshore Dr. – Mr. Henson brought in a receipt from Salvation Army for the 11 trees that were removed. Stock to be cut for donated fire wood.
- Letters went out regarding the April 23rd meeting:
1. 515 N Wasson – Approved request to remove.
2. 1913 N 8th St – Denied request with the City to remove the dead Cedar.
3. 1137 Elrod Ave – Approved request to remove with contingency to replant.
4. 1191 Michigan Ave – To meet with staff and an arborist to determine the best outcome for the health of the tree and protection of their home.
- Contact to be made with owner re: 342 S Marple and rotten tree breaking apart. Needed to verify if in ROW.
- PSA on the Horticultural Practices & Proper Tree Trimming Methods re: severally pruned trees on the corner of Anderson and S 4th St: Gami Property Management and Springleaf Financial.
New Business –
- Welcome the newly appointed board members. Elect new chair as Rex requested to step down from that position. City Council acknowledged Jake Robinson and presented an appreciation of service plaque for serving on the Tree Board from June 2011 to April 2015.
- F.Y.I. the CBNBWB received approval to remove the 12 to 15 trees needed to install a new water main.
- F.Y.I. 644 13th Ct (across from 652 14th Ave) – Trees Inc. – Spruce tree is dead. Several neighbors have requested removal. Jon’s staff report states they will remove dead tree and chip the branches. City crews to remove fire wood and deliver to Salvation Army site.
- 1180 Ocean Ct – Richard Bowman - Request to remove an Alder inside of guard rail located in the Ocean Blvd ROW. Jon’s staff review stated that the tree is covered in ivy and will eventually die and fall.
- 1721 S 15th - Stacey Gulseth – To open area for more sunlight to garden space. Jon’s staff review stated the trees were Alder and Willow. He recommended allowing topping to open area to more sunlight.
Board Member Comments
Meeting will adjourn at 5:00 p.m.