Tree Board Meeting June 05, 2014 at 4:00 pm
Call to Order – Roll Call – Approval of the Minutes
Citizen Input / Public Comment –
Unfinished Business –
- 299 B St – Suzanne Calvert – Trees along fence line of school. Needles plugging drains, street gutters. Limbs hitting cars, fire trucks are not able to get to side of the street. They block house from getting sunshine. (See Suzanne’s letter of 1/27/14.)
Recap the meeting of March 13th since there was no quorum
Requests for removal –
- City of Coos Bay – Pioneer Cemetery – Replacing fence on west side of cemetery and will need room for fence. Removal will affect a Wax Myrtle and an unidentified hardwood. The Cedar & Cypress will stay. Staff recommends removal of listed trees so project can proceed.
- John Topits Park @ 324 Ackerman – Trees are leaning towards buildings and could pose threat in wind storm. Arborist recommends removal. Staff recommends the removal of hazardous trees to protect life and property.
- Upper Tennis Courts/West Park Roadway – Tree is leaning over tennis court and could fall in high wind. Staff met with arborist and determined tree to be safety concern that needs to be removed.
- Coos River Hwy & Ross Inlet Rd – Information Only - Beaver have chewed through tree and tree is in danger of falling. Staff recommends to remove tree for safety consideration. This may be something to ask ODF&W to look into re: the beaver and the damage they leave
New Business –
- Revised Form: Tree Removal Request in Right of Way
- Letter to City Manager, Rodger Craddock - Tree Board and CB Municipal Code
Board Member Comments
Meeting will adjourn at 5:00 p.m.