Tree Board Work Session January 05, 2017 at 12:00 pm
The meeting will be held in the City Hall Conference Room
- Call to Order – Roll Call – Approve Minutes of June 3rd
- Citizen Input / Public Comment – **Public comments limited to 10 minutes.
- New Business – Introduction of newly appointed tree board member: Brian Allen. He is with The Dyer Partnership.
Skip Shipman is now located in Roseburg but when he is available; he will be attending the meetings. In his absence, Don Garnett will be his representative.
After the fact – City Approved:
- 5/31 - 400 Anderson Ave - US Bank parking lot improvements. All removals private property
- 6/02 – 212 S 5th – Banner Bank – Tree Branches rubbing against exterior wall & roof. Pat Myers will trim per discussion with Jon Eck.
- 6/03 – City of Coos Bay – Empire Blvd south of Lattin. Spruce tree is in scope of work for street widening and will be severely damaged by excavation. Authorized contractor, Patrick Meyers, to remove tree.
- 6/09 – 19801/2 N 14th – Four trees are leaning and could fall into traffic as they front Koosbay Blvd. Arborist determined to pose safety risk. Authorized removal on 6/9/16 for safety. Patrick Meyers to do removal.
- 6/21 – 1095 Garfield – Dangerous tree growing out of rotting stump. Abutting property owner to remove tree at his expense.
- 10/19 – 700 N 8th St – Birch ROW NW corner. Abutting 625 Birch Ave & 615 Birch Ave. Trees appear to be on private property. Home owner to remove trees as needed. No action necessary.
- 11/10 – 1049 N Johnson – Sun Building – Tree has grown around Pacific Power Pole and is putting stress on pole and guide wire. Contractor was granted permission to remove tree.
- 11/14 – City of Coos Bay - NW Corner of Anderson & 5th – Tree has rotten trunk and in danger of falling. Tree is too close to intersection. Remove tree and fill well.
Tree Removal Requests:
- 640 Newmark – Empire Mercantile/ Shawn Frost– Tree needs to be trimmed. Encroaching Newmark to the point where customers have hit and torn branches from the tree. We are having a full façade remodel done very soon and the tree is touching the canopy. The new canopy will project out another ten inches.
- 1005 Hemlock Ave – Nian & Stan Porter - South end of property, tree on the bank facing N 10th St. Tree has died.
- 1313 N Bayshore - Red Lion – Stephen Miller/Firestone Enterprises - Trees along Ivy, N7th, Hemlock next to building. Unhealthy, roots lifting sidewalk and foundation, branches rubbing on building and continued maintenance/repair. Remove large fir tree on north side of building that is starting to raise sidewalk. Trim other trees for clearance of building. Trees Inc. says no wire problems.
- 230 S 2nd St – Santiago Rodriquez – Puerto Vallarta – Tree needs to be trimmed or removed. Encroaching on building and side walk with the roots.
4. OLD BUSINESS –
5. Board Member / STAFF Comments
6. Meeting will adjourn at 1 p.m.