Council to Consider Changes to City Land Use Regulations October 30, 2020
The City Council has prioritized project review efficiency and reduction of land use application costs to spur new development in the City. Carrying out these priorities by amending the City’s land development regulations is anticipated to expand opportunities for new Coos Bay residential and commercial projects.
The City Council will hold a public hearing to consider amendments to the City’s development regulations on Tuesday, November 17, 2020 at 7 p.m. in the Coos Bay Council Chambers, located at 500 Central Avenue. Social distancing and masks are required. The Council will review changes to these land use regulation chapters:
- Definitions (17.150.020)
- Procedures (17.130)
- Low Density Residential land use district (17.220)
- Medium Density Residential land use district (17.225)
- Commercial / Mixed Use land use district (17.230)
- Industrial Commercial land use district (17.235)
- Waterfront Heritage land use district (17.240)
- Hollering Place land use district (17.250)
- Watershed District (17.270)
- Parking (17.330)
- Supplementary Development Standards (17.335)
- Zero Lot Line development (17.340)
- Planned Unit Development (17.362)
- Site Plan Review (17.365)
Other public participation opportunities to review of land use regulation amendments will be publicized in future Friday Update newsletters and The World newspaper.
The Council welcomes community participation in the review of these land use regulations. The City contact to send your comments or questions is Carolyn Johnson, Community Development Administrator. She can be reached at 541-269-8924; by email at email@example.com ; or by letter to the Coos Bay Public Works and Community Development, Attention: Carolyn Johnson at 500 Central Ave., Coos Bay, Oregon 97420.