Housing and Commercial Development Support September 12, 2020
Planning Commission Proposes Changes to City Council Related to Land Use Regulations
On September 8, 2020 the Planning Commission reviewed Coos Bay Land Use Regulations in the City’s continued efforts to improve development project review efficiency, reduce applicant costs, clarify terms and standards and expand opportunities for future residential and commercial development.
The Planning Commission is recommending that City Council make changes to the following Land Use Regulations Chapters:
- Definitions (17.150.020)
- Procedures (17.130)
- Low Density Residential land use district (17.220)
- Medium Density Residential land use district (17.225)
- Commercial / Mixed Use land use district (17.230)
- Industrial Commercial land use district (17.235)
- Waterfront Heritage land use district (17.240)
- Hollering Place land use district (17.250)
- Watershed District (17.270)
- Parking (17.330)
- Supplementary Development Standards (17.335)
- Zero Lot Line development (17.340)
- Planned Unit Development (17.362)
- Site Plan Review (17.365)
In the coming months, the City Council will hold a public hearing to review the Planning Commission’s recommendations and accept public testimony. The public hearing date will be publicized in the Friday Update and The World newspaper.
For questions or comments, contact Carolyn Johnson, Community Development Administrator by phone at 541-269-8924; by email, firstname.lastname@example.org; or by letter to the Coos Bay Public Works and Community Development, Attention: Carolyn Johnson at 500 Central Ave., Coos Bay, Oregon 97420.