Mayfly Festival Goes Virtual July 09, 2020
We are excited to announce an event that’s the first of its kind: a virtual Coos Watershed Mayfly Festival beginning July 15! In accordance with health guidelines from the CDC and Oregon Health Authority, we have decided that rather than gathering at Mingus Park for our 4th annual Mayfly Festival, we will be bringing the festival to YOU, through a smart phone or computer, wherever you are in the watershed. With help from our Mayfly Festival partners, we are focusing on all of the great things to explore RIGHT HERE, even in your own backyard, and sharing our discoveries with each other. The best part: the virtual festival will be several weeks instead of just one day, and you can participate from anywhere! This virtual event will be fun and educational for all ages.
How to participate
1. Go to coosmayflyfestival.weebly.org for full instructions
2. Start following the Coos Watershed Association on Facebook and Instagram and/or join our email list by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Starting July 15, watch for videos and “nature discovery challenges” presented by Coos Watershed Association and other community partners (scientists, artists, musicians, etc.)
4. Participate in the weekly challenges and take photos of your experiences
5. Tag us in your photos on Instagram and Facebook using #cooswa, #mayflyfestival (or you can email us your photos)
6. Tune in each week for new info and challenges, and to see what other people are doing!
Each time you participate in a challenge, your name will be entered into a drawing for a raffle prize at the end. The more you participate, the higher your chances are of winning some cool nature swag!
Mayfly says… safety first!
As you head out to explore, please make sure to do so safely! Call ahead, only visit locations that are open, observe 6’ social distancing, wear a mask when indoors or in close contact with other people, and follow all CDC and OHA guidelines.
Email email@example.com, or visit www.facebook.com/cooswa/