Plans for Sewer and Storm System Projects July 13, 2017
Coming Soon to a Neighborhood Near You!
Due to the Oregon Coast weather conditions during winter months, such as ground water and tidal influences, it is difficult to work on the City’s storm and sanitary sewer systems. Consequently, it is not common practice to perform construction projects in the winter and early spring, unless it is an emergency. As a result, summer and early fall become a busy time for construction.
There are several storm and sanitary sewer projects planned this summer. These projects have been identified based on master plans and routine inspections. The completion of these projects will reduce inflow and infiltration into the City’s sewer system and treatment plants, also preventing sinkholes and failures in the infrastructure. It is very likely that you will see a contractor in your neighborhood performing work for the City. While the City’s contractor will try to minimize impacts to pedestrians and vehicular traffic, there may be some delays around these project sites. However, should you have any concerns and/or questions please contact Jessica Spann, the City’s Engineering Services Coordinator, at 541-269-1181 ext. 2221. This summer’s planned projects are as follows:
- Sanitary Sewer Project at N. 2nd Street between Commercial Avenue and Market Street
- Sanitary and Storm Sewer Project at Golden Avenue between S. 4th and 7th Street
- Sanitary Sewer Replacement West of Plant 1 (680 Ivy Avenue)
- Sanitary Sewer Replacement at N. 4th Street/Highland Avenue
- 6th Avenue Storm Culvert Replacement
- Basin FF, 4th, 5th & 6th Ave Sewer Replacement
- Birch and Front Street Storm Sewer Replacement
- Pump Station 1 Upgrade at Birch and Front