Volunteer Park Host
Date: October 17, 2019
Due Date: December 04, 2019
The City of Coos Bay is soliciting volunteer applications for the position of Park Host. To apply for the position, interested parties should submit a City volunteer park host application to the City Manager's Office. The City volunteer park host application is available from the City Manager's Office, City Hall, 500 Central Avenue, Coos Bay, OR 97420, by telephone at 541-269-8912, or at the bottom of this announcement. The deadline for receiving completed applicaitons is 5:00 p.m., December 4, 2019
Volunteer Park Hosts assist park staff with routine visitor services such as greeting guests, answering questions, clean-up, general maintenance, and dispensing information in exchange for free use of the area for self-contained recreational vehicle.
Examples of Park Host tasks:
- Picking up litter in and around the park
- Performing grounds maintenance
- Inspecting park grounds
- Inspecting, cleaning, and stocking restroom
- Raking leaves in the fall
- Monitoring special events
- Opening and closing entry gate
- Clipping brush out of the way
- Reporting any damaged tables, trees, or posts to staff
- Turning on and off water system for park
- Free RV site and hookups
- A "Host" sign for your site
- City Park Host staff shirts
- Water, septic, and power
- Space size is large enough for an RV up to 50'
Complete and submit application by 5:00 p.m. December 4, 2019 to the City Manager's Office located at 500 Central Avenue, Coos Bay, OR 97420.